Monday, December 3, 2007

Word Collection #1

A while back, I started collecting words with two consecutive letter pairs. For example, balloon... two l's followed directly by two o's. Please let me know if you find any more. I'm not googling them or anything, cause that'll take all the fun out of finding them because I'm sure there is a comprehensive list somewhere on the web:

balloon
coffee
roommate
tattoo
lessee
committee
buffoon
wheelless
whippoorwill
tattoo
unneeded
Van de Graaff generator
greenness
pollee
barroom
bassoon
toffee
raccoon
spittoon
suttee
coolly
woolly
succeed
galloon
addressee
halloo

Words that I found in an old dictionary that may not be words anymore cause I can't find them in my other newer dictionary:

burreed (sometimes spelled as bur-reed)
shalloon
raggee (alt. spelling of ragi)

Also, the only one with three consecutive letter pairs I've found so far: bookkeeping.

No comments: